Apologies for cross-posting
The latest issue of CINEJ Cinema Journal (vol. 3, no. 2) is now available, featuring a variety of new articles that may be of interest to many readers. The journal is open access and can be reached at:
** Articles **
* Murat Akser "Editorial"
* Stephanie Fuller "Pan-American Highways: American Tourism to Mexico and 1950s Hollywood film"
* Alia Yunis "Film As Nation Building: The UAE Goes Into the Movie Business"
* Dugan Nichols "Preternatural Claims, Precarious Workers: The Content and Distribution of the Most Successfully Crowdfunded Documentary"
* Emilio Audissino "Bicycles, Airplanes and Peter Pans: Flying Scenes in Steven Spielberg's Films"
* Reetamoni Das,Debarshi Prasad Nath "Rudaali in Film Narrative: Looking Through the Feminist Lens"
* Sandra Martinez, Antonio SanjuŠn "Bikes and Movies: A Brief History Of Motorcycle In Cinema"
* Esma Kartal "It Is a Man's World: Romantic Relief In The Hollywood Blockbuster"
* Basak Goksel Demiray "Recurrence: A Filmosophic Re-thinking of A Long Story/ Uzun Hikaye"
* Murat Akser "Technology and the Turkish Mind: Internet Animation as Counter Culture in Turkey"
** Book Reviews **
* Review of "Japanese Horror Films and the Their American Remakes"
by Marcus Harmes
* Review of "Masculinity and Gender in Greek Cinema"
by Erato Basea
* Review of "Guillermo del Toro: Film as Alchemic Art"
by Ian Pettigrew
* Review of "Devised and Directed by Mike Leigh"
by Swati Jaywantrao Bute
* Review of "Dark Energy: Hitchcockís Absolute Camera and the Physics of Cinematic Spacetime"
by Anthony Collamati
* Review of "Politics as Form in Lars von Trier: A Post-Brechtian Reading"
by Sara Marino
* Review of "The Drift: Affect, Adaptation and New Perspectives on Fidelity"
by Rachel Barraclough
* Review of "Postfeminism and Paternity in Contemporary U.S. Film: Framing Fatherhood"
by Elaine Lennon
* Review of "Vertov, Snow, Farocki: Machine Vision and the Posthuman"
by Daniel Binns
Review of "Monster Culture in the 21st Century: A Reader"
by Shane Brown
*Review of "Terrence Malick: Film and Philosophy"
by Emre «aūlayan
** Books Received **
by Murat Akser
CINEJ Cinema Journal is a peer-reviewed semiannually (May/November) published international Cinema Journal.
It is published by the University Library System, University of Pittsburgh and is cosponsored by the University of Pittsburgh Press.
ISSN (Print) : 2159-2411
ISSN (Online): 2158-8724
The next deadline for submissions: March 1, 2015
Feel free to contact for Print Issues On-Demand:
University of Pittsburgh Book Centre
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
The University Store on Fifth
4000 Fifth Ave., Pittsburgh PA 15213
This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information which is covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager at [log in to unmask] and delete this email immediately. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the University of Ulster. The University's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried out on them may be recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. The University of Ulster does not guarantee that this email or any attachments are free from viruses or 100% secure. Unless expressly stated in the body of a separate attachment, the text of email is not intended to form a binding contract. Correspondence to and from the University may be subject to requests for disclosure by 3rd parties under relevant legislation. The University of Ulster was founded by Royal Charter in 1984 and is registered with company number RC000726 and VAT registered number GB672390524.The primary contact address for the University of Ulster in Northern Ireland is,Cromore Road, Coleraine, Co. Londonderry BT52 1SA
To sign off Screen-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF Screen-L
in the message. Problems? Contact [log in to unmask]