THEATRE AND FILM
The University of Kansas, Lawrence, is seeking an Assistant Professor in film/media production to assume responsibilities by August 18, 2006. The Assistant Professor reports to the Chair of the Department of Theatre and Film. The University of Kansas is seeking an individual committed to a growing scholarly and artistic film/media program.
Department: Theatre and Film
Title: Assistant Professor of Theatre and Film
Starting Date: August 18, 2006
Type of Appointment: Academic year, tenure track.
FTE: Full time
1. Teach a minimum of four courses per year (2-2), primarily in, but not limited to, audio and video production, post-production, and theory.
2. Provide leadership for the production curriculum and participate actively in a large and growing film/media program in which production and studies are integrated.
3. Conduct creative and/or scholarly research in film/media production and/or sound theory and/or criticism.
4. Advise and mentor students in a comprehensive film/media program with 250 undergraduate and 30 graduate majors.
1. M.F.A or Ph.D. in film/media, with specialization in audio production. ABD will be considered. Formal training and teaching experience in film/media production appropriate to an entry-level, tenure-track appointment.
2. Substantive hands-on experience in digital production and post-production technologies (including Pro Tools, and Final Cut Pro and/or AVID).
3. A record of, or demonstrated potential for, accomplishment in film/media audio production and/or theory at a creative and/or academic level necessary for meeting the standards required for promotion and tenure.
4. Demonstrated ability, or potential, to teach courses in TH&F 377 Basic Audio Production, TH&F 677 Advanced Audio Production, TH&F 375/775 Basic Video Production, TH&F 475/875 Intermediate Video Production, and related courses in production and theory.
5. A demonstrated record of or strong potential for excellence in teaching at the University level (Graduate teaching assistant and adjunct teaching will be considered.)
6. Evidence of a strong desire and capacity to participate in student creative and/or scholarly projects.
7. Evidence of an ability to engage positively in the artistic and intellectual life of the Film/Media program, the Department of Theatre and Film, and the University.
1. A completed Ph.D. in film/media studies at the time of appointment.
2. Professional experience in the field of audio production and/or post-production.
3. A record of, or demonstrated potential for, accomplishment in new media production and/or sound theory.
4. A strong interest and capacity to serve on master's thesis and doctoral dissertation committees.
Prof. Tamara Falicov, Chair
Film/Media Audio Production Search Committee
Department of Theatre and Film
1621 W. 9th St.
Lawrence, KS 66044-2488
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
A complete application will include a letter of application outlining relevant qualifications, a curriculum vita, a portfolio of production work and/or scholarly writing samples, transcripts of all graduate school coursework, and the name, mailing addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of three individuals from whom you have requested a letter of recommendation. Send to Prof. Tamara Falicov, Chair of the Search Committee.
First priority will be given to complete applications received by December 1, 2005.
The University of Kansas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The University encourages applications from underrepresented group members. Federal and state legislation prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, and veteran status. In addition, University policies prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, marital status, and parental status.
To sign off Screen-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF Screen-L
in the message. Problems? Contact [log in to unmask]