Full -Tme Teaching Position (probationary/Tenure-track)
-Beginning mid-August 1997
Film Production (All Aspects "Script to Screen")
Primarily, teach beginning, intermediate, advanced
workshop/"hands-on" courses i 16mm camera/lingting, editing,
sound-recording/mixing, production management, writing, directing.
Additionally, may teach history-criticism type courses and possibly
television/video production and/or multimedia/computer-based
* Bachelor of Arts/Sciences in film/motion pictures,
television/video, communications/media arts,etc.,with an emphasis on
all aspects of film production.
* College teaching experience (beyond grad assistantship assignments)
* Film/TV/Media industry experience (in various "hands-on"
* Commitment to cultral diversity/gender-equity in an urban public
Preferred Qualificaitions: Master's degree (MFA/MA/MS) or beyond,
extensive teaching experience and industry expeience, and a working
knowledge of multimedia/computer-based production.
All Application Materials must be received by Friday, May 30, 1997.
1. Submit an official application packet for the Los Angeles
Commjunity College District "Certificated/Teaching" job pool
(re:Cinema full-time) obtained from:
Personnel (Certificated Applications)
L.A. Community College District
770 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Note: Plesase do not send your demo/portfolio reel until requested by
the Search Committee.
2. Send a letter of interest, detailed resume/vitae, & at least three
(3) letters of recommendation (from supervisors re:your teaching
experience) to: Prof./ Joseph A. Daccurso
Chairman of Cinema Arts
Los Angeles Valley College
5800 Fulton Avenue
Van Nuys, CA 91401-4096
For information , contact Jeseph A. Daccurso.
To sign off SCREEN-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF SCREEN-L
in the message. Problems? Contact [log in to unmask]