SCREEN-L Archives

January 2012, Week 2

From:
Darcey West Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2012 17:33:45 +0000
This week’s In Media Res theme focus is America’s Next Top Model (January 9-13).

Here's the line-up:
http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/

Monday, January 9, 2012 - Kim A. Knight (University of Texas, Dallas) presents: The Multiply Mediated Voice of the America’s Next Top Model All Star

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - Chris Tokuhama (University of Southern California) presents: I Like ‘Em All Shapes and Sizes: "Transgressive" Beauty in America’s Next Top Model

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - Julie Snyder-Yuly (Iowa State University) presents: Re-envisioning Bakhtin’s Carnivalesque throughAmerica’s Next Top Model

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - Dara Persis Murray (Rutgers University) presents: Working for the Fairy Tale

Friday, January 13, 2012 - Rachel E. Silverman (Embry-Riddle University) presents: The Invisible Model

Theme week organized by Katharine Zakos (Georgia State University).

To receive links for each day’s posts and stay up to date on our latest calls for curators, please be sure “like” our newly launched Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or email the Coordinating Editor, Alisa Perren, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Best,
The In Media Res Team