SCREEN-L Archives

January 1995, Week 4

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 1995 12:03:52 CST
Can anyone on this list help me identify a pre-war Russian (or possibly
Ukrainian) language film that MAY be known in English as The Fortress.
An actor named Dmitri Iwanij (not sure of spelling) had a role in it.
(By pre-war, I mean late 1930's--possibly as late as 1940 but probably not.)

I'm afraid this is all we know about it.  I'd be very glad for anything you
can point me to.  A relative of the actor is searching for info on the film;
no-one knows if the film was ever brought to the US or indeed if there are
any surviving prints.  (We're in the realm  of family legends here.)

Please email me directly  as I don't normally read this list.  Thanks
Judy woodward