SCREEN-L Archives

November 1996, Week 1

From:
Leo Enticknap <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 12:05:05 +0000
On Mon, 4 Nov 1996 14:25:38 -0500 Jeff Evans
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> To supplement Leo's addendum to my mention of Curse of the Demon, the
> IMDB notes that the current
> version of this title in the US is actually the original British
> release he mentions, which is 12 minutes
> longer than the original American release.

That's interesting... the print I showed had an MPPA logo
on the credits and was approx. 900 feet shorter than the
tins said it should be, so I suppose I must have had the US
version.  The Stonehenge prologue was missing, and a lot of
the scene with Ray Milland in the British Library seemed
also to have gone.

Leo

Leo Enticknap
Bill Douglas Centre for the History of Cinema and Popular Culture
*** look at our website on http://www.ex.ac.uk/bill.douglas/ ***
University of Exeter, UK