SCREEN-L Archives

March 2011, Week 4

From:
Aaron Gerow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2011 13:53:50 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

I wanted to let you know that, with the wonderful cooperation of the
Yale East Asian Library, the research guide for Japanese film studies
I prepared called "Japanese Reference Materials for Japanese Cinema"
has been uploaded to the Library website.

http://guides.library.yale.edu/JapanFilm

It does not substitute for the book I co-authored with Mark Nornes,
Research Guide to Japanese Film Studies, but it does offer a concise
introduction to the print and online reference materials in Japanese
available at Yale that are essential for studying cinema. If you or
any of your colleagues or students need to find out something about a
film or director, this guide will help you know where to look. I
believe the guide is the first of its kind on the net.

If your library or website is able to do this, feel free to set up
links to this guide.

Since it is on the net, it is a fluid text and thus open to comments
and additions. Feel free to contact me if you have any suggestions.

Aaron Gerow
Associate Professor
Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Director of Undergraduate Studies, Film Studies Program
Yale University
53 Wall Street, Room 316
PO Box 208363
New Haven, CT 06520-8363
USA
Phone: 1-203-432-7082
Fax: 1-203-432-6764
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
site: www.aarongerow.com

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org