SCREEN-L Archives

August 1998, Week 3

From:
Christina Lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:25:11 -0500
Dear Full Circle,

I am interested in writing for the St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture
in the areas of Television, Movies, and possibly Trends/Fads/Hobbies.

I have published several articles (one on Jodie Foster, one on Kathryn
Bigelow, an encyclopedia entry on _Bewitched_) and I also have a book coming
out on women directors (entitled _Feminist Hollywood:  From Born in Flames
to Blue Steel_) through Wayne State UP.  I am currently a Ph.D. candidate at
The University of Texas at Austin writing my dissertation on classical
Hollywood star couples.

I would be able to write entries regarding women directors (and female
authorship in general).  I could focus specifically on people such as Martha
Coolidge, Lizzie Borden, Susan Seidelman, Kathryn Bigelow, Tamra Davis, Jane
Campion, Gillian Armstrong, Euzhan Palcy, and Julie Dash.  I would also be
able to discuss stars (issues of stardom in general) and specific figures
such as Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks, Katharine Hepburn, Spencer Tracy,
Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Janet Leigh, Tony Curtis, Grace Kelly, and,
more contemporarily, Jodie Foster, Sinead O'Connor, and Demi Moore.

I'd be happy to provide you with a more formal vita.  Please send me more
information at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,
Christina Lane

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite