Fred,

The film about Thomas Tichbourne was screened at the 52nd Edinburgh Film
Festival.

I see from your email address that you are from Charles Sturt University
but I don't know whether you are in Wagga Wagga or Bathurst. So you may be
aware (and the reason for your query) that Tichbourne was a butcher in
Wagga before he returned to England to contest his case. I think Keith
Swan's History of Wagga mentions the case. The local library and
historical society would certainly have information (which may also know
anyway).

It is listed on the Internet Movie Database (http://us.imdb.com/)

I also cut and pasted the bit below for you.

'Independent film in England is defined as those films that are
independently financed from any grant systems or established
film structure. Only two feature films fit this bill in
Edinburgh.

Firstly, "The Tichbourne Claimant," first timer David Yates' s
epic tale of trickery. It was well received and with an amazing
list of cameos from the likes of Sir John Gielgud, Michael Gambon
and Stephen Fry, it attracted a healthy amount of buzz.'

This information above is from the url below:

http://www.indiewire.com/film/festivals/fes_98Edinb_980910_wrapup.html

If you are wanting to know whether it is available in England, I can
suggest the name of someone to contact. Email me direct.

Regards,
Bill

         Bill Stinson
         Academic Outreach Librarian
         Information and Technology Services Department
         Library
         Macquarie University
         Sydney                  phone: 02 9850-7541
         NSW 2109                fax:   02 9850-7513
         Australia               email: [log in to unmask]