HI,

the Magazine "US NEWS" (www.usnews.com)

publishes the following ranking of Film Universities. I hope this helps.
,-)

  Search this section or the entire site.

Film - Master of Fine Arts (1997)
Top Schools | Methodology | FAQ | Back to the Arts
Rank/School Average reputation score (5 = highest)
1. New York University  4.5
1. University of Southern California  4.5
3. University of California–Los Angeles  4.4
4. American Film Institute (CA) 4.1
5. California Institute of the Arts  4.0
6. Columbia University (NY) 3.7
7. School of the Art Institute of Chicago  3.6
7. University of Texas–Austin  3.6
9. Florida State University  3.5
9. Northwestern University (IL) 3.5
9. Temple University (PA) 3.5
12. Rochester Institute of Technology (NY) 3.3
12. San Francisco Art Institute 3.3
12. University of California–San Diego  3.3
15. San Francisco State University 3.1
15. University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee 3.1
17. Ohio University 3.0
17. Southern Illinois University–Carbondale 3.0
17. Syracuse University (NY) 3.0

© U.S.News & World Report Inc. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy

At 16:58 12/08/99 +0200, Belandean ----- wrote:
>I am very interested in this line of discussion, but I would like to know
>more about the programs available for film theory and/or history. I am
>currently a graduate student (in English, but I have discovered film and am
>concentrating my study in film theory) and I am seriously considering
>continuing on to a doctoral program. I love film and would love to spend my
>life teaching film theory. But, as everyone knows, the job market for those
>with an English/Literature degree is not the best. I am curious about the
>opinions of those on the list who are teaching film-- is it worth the effort
>to continue on?
>D. Olson
>Central Washington Univ.

Ruben Garcia-Loureda Diaz