To: MFRANK: I fully support Darryl Wiggers' recommendation of Steven Bach's
book FINAL CUT Dreams and Disaster in the Making of Heaven's Gate. It's a
sobering story of a director out of control and of a studio (United
Artists) throwing money at a production on the strength of the success of
an earlier Michael Cimino film, THE DEER HUNTER. It also brought the
collapse of United Artists, a studio formed in 1919, which was absorbed by
MGM.

----------
> From: [log in to unmask]
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Heaven's Gate
> Date: Wednesday, June 16, 1999 9:47 AM
>
> I would be grateful for anybody who can point out to me any critical work
> on Michael Cimino's HEAVEN'S GATE
>
>           robin wood, HOLLYWOOD FROM V-N TO REAGAN, pp. 298-317
>
>           mike frank
>
> ----
> To sign off Screen-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF
Screen-L