Hello!

> Matthew: With the end of the Cold War and the waning of communism as a
> world wide threat (at least, for the time being), it's getting harder to
> find Russian and Chinese villains for Bond to beat up on. The lack of a
> substantial and common enemy has led to terrorists, political, economic and
> religious, and often druglords, to become the main scapegoats for action
> movies, including the James Bond series.

Not really wanting to start any anti-american thing here, but what has
always surprised me is that no "heartland" americans have ever been cast as
bad guys. The militia types and the cultists.

These are people who are just ripe for the picking for primo bad guys. You
have insanity in their beliefs, the insensitivity to life to promote their
beliefs and the mentality of being at war to justify their murderous
actions.

I understand that it is these people who also fuel the majority of the
blockbuster Hollywood machine, but why does that stop other film-makers from
other countries from casting them as such?

Jamo
+BIL