>3/25/99 8:31 PM [log in to unmask] wrote:

>I too was hoping that Cate Blanchett would win the Oscar for Best Actress.
>I thought her performance in Elizabeth was far better than Gwyneth's in SIL.
>
>I'm glad to learn that I am not alone in my opinion.
>
>Gerry Herrera

I too was voting for Cate, but like most of my Miss USA pageant choices
(which I also force myself to watch, egads!), she did not win.

I did wonder, however, if it might'nt have been because her voice was
dubbed??  (I recall her reporting this on the Leno Show a few weeks
back.)

Re:  Dame Dench.  While I loved her humble acceptance speech, I'd have to
agree with her:  8 minutes of screen time, despite her talents, should
not have garnered her a supporting actress Oscar...

Cheers,
Erika