Paul Wiener was right that Kazan would say nothing to undo any damage.
This would seem to indicate he is unrepentent about naming names.

My question is why he seems a particular target for hatred by leftist
intellectual whereas, unless I have missed something, other "friendly
witnesses" to the hearings like Sterling Hayden, Robert Rossen and Jerome
Robbins (to name a few) seem rarely villified in print.  Does anyone know
if Kazan behaved considerably worse than some of the others?

Mark Netter