Date:         Sun, 21 Mar 1999 13:04:28 -0800
Sender:       Film and TV Studies Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         "Edward R. O'Neill" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: _Elizabeth_ Influences?
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

Where dos Ed Johnson-Ott publish?  Perhaps I'm seriously out
of the loop, but I've never heard of him.

I agree that "MTV style" is very vague.  Todd Haynes went on
record complaining about uses of the term by conventional
critics to bash anything with avant garde leanings.

If it's a synonym for "rapid edits," then it's terribly
misapplied to _Elizabeth_.

Sincerely,
Edward R. O'Neill
UCLA