I too was hoping that Cate Blanchett would win the Oscar for Best Actress.
I thought her performance in Elizabeth was far better than Gwyneth's in SIL.

I'm glad to learn that I am not alone in my opinion.

Gerry Herrera
Script and Screenwriting
Regent University
Virginia Beach, Virginia

P.S. I also enjoyed Cate's performance in Oscar and Lucinda.