Date:         Sat, 6 Feb 1999 10:31:48 +0100
Sender:       Film and TV Studies Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Ingvald Bergsagel <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Request for Information

>A senior gender studies student, Jenna Skinner, is doing a comps.
>project on "Cultural Representation of White Trash and Red-Neck Women in
>Media."

A bit off, but still: You'll find a list of more than 800 films featuring
hillbilly-characters here (Southern Mountaineers Filmography):
gopher://gopher.acs.appstate.edu:70/11/depts/library/app_col

For some (very angry but enlightening) background, you should check out
"The Redneck Manifesto; America's Scapegoats: How We Got that Way and Why
We're Not Going to Take It Anymore" by Jim Goad, Simon&Schuster, 1996. It
also has a comprehensive bibliography. (Got Goad's e-mail adress if it's of
any interest).

Ingvald
University of Alabama.