You're certainly opening the floodgates with this request!  These days, Hollywood films on the media tend to cover television, and you've listed some of these. But before TV became the power that it is today, films would use the press (newspapers) as their media whipping boy. In the days of the Hollywood studio system, many "B" movies had a crusading newspaper hound as their hero - they were almost as popular as private eyes, both types of film being cheap to produce. I've listed below some of the more significant Hollywood films to deal with media ethics (some serious, some comical, most cynical): The FRONT PAGE (Lewis Milestone 1931, remade by Billy Wilder in 1974, with the same title): FIVE STAR FINAL (Mervyn Leroy 1931): HIS GIRL FRIDAY (Howard Hawks 1940, a remake of The Front Page); ALL THE KING'S MEN (Robert Rossen 1949): CHICAGO DEADLINE (Lewis Allen 1949): THE BIG CARNIVAL/ACE IN THE HOLE (Billy Wilder 1951): DEADLINE USA (Richard Brooks 1952): IT HAPPENS EVERY THURSDAY(Joseph Pevney 1953): THE HARDER THEY FALL (Mark Robson 1956): TEACHER'S PET (George Seaton 1958): THE ELECTRIC HORSEMAN (Sydney Pollack 1979). TOOTSIE (Sydney Pollack 1982). Of all these,  the most trenchant is THE BIG CARNIVAL, arguably Billy Wilder's most cynical film. It stars Kirk Douglas, giving a great scenery chewing performance.  There are many other movies dealing with the media, so I'm sure you'll be receiving lots of e-mails!