Harrie Hendriks <[log in to unmask]> writes

> I have a user who is sending mail and he makes an automatic copy
> to self. But sometimes his copy to self message is not complete. He
> has a half document.
>
> Who knows whats happen and who knows what can I do to resolv the
> problem.
>
> He is using the Pegasus DOS version 3.22 (Reason is there are
> users who are using pegasus in a dutch language, so upgrading is no
> solution).

As well as the copy-to-self, the actual message that goes out may
also be truncated.  It's due to a shortage of memory -- when you move
from the message body to the header fields (and possibly to the F9
options as well), DOS PMail has to store away a copy of the message
buffer.  If the message is large or the user just browsed a large
folder then there may not be enough memory to hold the temporary copy
of the message body and it gets quietly truncated.

There is no guaranteed solution to this problem.  Make sure that the
users do not have large folders when using DOS PMail and, if
possible, edit the To: and Subject: fields at the start of writing a
message; try not to edit them just before sending.

Andrew.

Andrew Morrow   home:[log in to unmask]  office:[log in to unmask]

Member of the Pegasus Mail Support Group