Donald Larsson wrote:

> Just before SPR was released, I
> read that documentary footage of Normandy that had been shot by John
> Ford and suppressed for all this time was about to be released.  Does
> anyone know details of what Ford's films show?

That may be, but in all events the owner of a large Southern
California laserdisk store recently told me about a
documentary on that format containing a lot of the
documentary footage George Stevens shot during WWII.  It's
called _George Stevens: D-Day To Berlin_, and it's only
about an hour long.

Perhaps this is what you heard about--or would be a
reasonable facsimile.

Yours,
Edward R. O'Neill
UCLA
Sociology Dept./General Education Program

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite