I think its important to note that while _The Usual Suspects_ draws us
into Spacey's narrative, _Mortal Thoughts_ never allows us this pleasure,
constantly providing skepticism through Harvey Keitel's character.  The
revealing of "the truth," then, functions not as a major discovery and
plot turn, but rather as simply an admission of what actually happened -
the possiblity of which we have been led to throughout most of the film.

Deron Albright