Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 20:40:57 -0400
From: Aboubakar Sidiki Sanogo <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: GREAT AFRICAN FILMS OF THE 1990'S

The Smithsonian Institution through its National Museum of African Art is
organizing a series of African films entitled "GREAT AFRICAN FILMS OF
THE 1990'S". This series will take place during the last quarter of the year
(October-December 1998). It is organized to celebrate the enormous
amount of talent and creativity manifest in these films and to pay tribute to
some of the best filmmakers this century has produced.
We would like to have certain institutions host them during their presence
in the country in order for them  to engage in a dialogue with the
American public. The filmmakers are: Jean Pierre Bekolo( Cameroon),
Fanta Nacro (Burkina Faso), Ousmane Sembene(Senegal), Idrissa
Ouedraogo(Burkina Faso) abd Djibril Diop Mambety.
Please contact me for further information at the following address:

Aboubakar Sidiki Sanogo
Fellow-Film Programming
National Museum of African Art
Smithsonian Institution