Fast Times at Ridgemont High?  Ferris Bueller? From Russia with Love?
Goldfinger? Grease? Imitation of Life? The Mark of Zorro? Missing? Animal
House? 101 Dalmations? Rocky/Rocky Horror? Saturday Night Fever? Sense
andd Sensibility? Toy Story? 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?

Granted, I've only seen five of these, but...

I doubt they'll get many votes for _The Last Temptation of Christ_.  At
least _Brazil_ made it...

Scott

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Kino International Corporation wrote:

> If you want to see the list of the 400 " greatest American films" from
> which the 100 will be chosen go to,  http://AFI.100movies.com/.  I hope you
> have  a strong stomach.
>
>   I also spoke today to a friend who has received the promotional video &
> press pack for the "Greatest" film list. He says it is one long commercial
> for the stuidios with each studio having its own section to promote their
> titles. Suprise, Suprise
>
> Also I spoke to some people at AFI and lets just say we agreed to disagree,
> however they wanted two points clarified. There was no " fixed Fee" per
> title. I  used the figure of $5,000 to $15,000 as an average of how much
> money the studios will spend and how many of their films will end up on the
> list, I did not mean that there was a specific fee per title. Also They
> wanted to make clear that they and not the studios made up the list. The
> scarier thing to me about that is shows how studio obsessed the AFI is, to
> come up with a list without indepedent films or documentaries and a lot of
> bizzare titles. I do think there are people at AFI with good intentions and
> I realize that they are under financial problems, however my opinion of
> this project remains the same.
>
> Jessica ( Opinions expressed are my own) Rosner
>
> Kino International Corporation
> 333 W. 39th St. Suite 503
> New York, NY 10018
> (212)629-6880
> fax: (212)714-0871
>
> ----
> Online resources for film/TV studies may be found at ScreenSite
> http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite

University of Alabama.