>1. Use the mail facilities at your UNIX host. Probably don't need to
>go beyond that.

I'd like something a bit friendlier and a bit more "featured" than UNIX
MAIL!!

>2. If you want to use PMAIL, set it up in your local workstation as
>"single user". You would then need a program that converts PMAIL
>format messages to UNIX mail format, and that it would place them in
>your /usr/ directory at the UNIX host so that they can go out. Then,
>this same program would have to periodically poll the UNIX host to
>fetch your new incoming mail.

Is this not what POP3 is all about??  PM is supposed to support POP3!

>Seems like a lot of trouble if you have no programming experience.

Agreed!

>BTW, how would you do it if you do not use PMAIL? In other words, what
>facilities does your System Administrator provide you with, to send and
>receive mail right now?

Right now I am on CCMAIL - a real brain dead mailer!!  But even that is
about to go away in favor of an IMAP4 web based mailer.  I think web based
is just plain stupid!  And I do not want to have to use a WINDOZE program -
just to do mail.  Just too much fuss!

ANY DOS POP3 mailer will do!  It just seems that PM might be fairly
capable.  I've also looked at PC-PINE - but that is IMAP - not 4 - and
PC-ELM - but that isn't much easier to set up in a novell environment.
Also looked at a very simple program called POPMAIL.  THAT one I KNOW I
have setup correctly - but it just won't work!  Can't seem to talk to the
servers!