As part of a research project into 1940s crime melodramas with
turn-of-the-century settings I am trying to locate a copy of TEMPTATION
(directed by Irving Pichel for Universal in 1946). I am based in London
but will be visiting New York City, Washington DC and Los Angeles in
March; I have been in contact with the Museum of Modern Art, the Library
of Congress and the UCLA Film and Television Archive, but it appears that
none of these hold a viewing copy of the film. If anyone reading this
knows of the whereabouts of a copy of this film, or has any suggestions
as to where I might try, please get in contact with me.

Many thanks

Guy Barefoot

University of Alabama.