Not quite minstrelsy, perhaps, but note the blackface number
("Abraham"!) in HOLIDAY INN.  The versions of SHOWBOAT might also be of
note.  And there's Charles Foster Kane's joking reference to a reporter
as "Mr. Bones" in the newsreel segment of CITIZEN KANE.

A Cinemania search results in the following citations:
MAMMY (1930)
DIXIE (1943)
SWANEE RIVER (1939)
MINSTREL MAN (a 1977 TV production)
HOLLYWOOD REVUE OF 1929

Don Larsson

On Tue, 06 Jan 1998 21:09:44 -0800 Barbara Bernstein
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Busby Berkeley's "Babes on Broadway" has an elaborate minstrel number, with
> Judy Garland in blackface.  The "Mandy" number in "White Christmas" (15
> years later, and no blackface) is a much-degraded tribute to minstrel forms
> (the song's bridge is all about "Mr. Bones.")  And you might take a look at
> "The Jolson Story" which, I believe, has a scene showing the young Al
> performing with Lew Dockstader's minstrels.  All three are available on video.
>
> Interesting query.  Eager to read other responses.
>
> Barbara Bernstein
>

> At 07:21 PM 1/6/98 -0800, you wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I'm trying to find information on movies that contain minstrel
> >show scenes (not just blackface, but recreations of the 19th century style
> >minstrel show).  I'd especially like to know if any knows of such scenes
> >in movies that are available on video.
> >
> >Any help will be much appreciated.
> >
> >Thanks very much,
> >
> >Charlie Krinsky
> >
> >----
> >Screen-L is sponsored by the Telecommunication & Film Dept., the
> >University of Alabama.
> >

> Barbara Bernstein                       San Francisco, CA
> [log in to unmask]                     http://www.kinexis.com
>
> ----
> Online resources for film/TV studies may be found at ScreenSite
> http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite

Donald Larsson, Mankato State U (MN)