On 20 Nov 97 at 21:36, Dieter Orlowski <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The guide.exe file for Pegasus Mail for DOS is explicit about the
> extended option, and essentially says that you can disable the 'honor
> read confirmation' option only if Pegasus Mail is running in a Novell
> Network environment.
>
> Do I have to take that for granted, or is there a way around that? I
> am running PM-DOS in a stand-alone mode (linking to a UUCP server
> through UUPC, using the SNUUPM package of Mike Lawrie), and would
> like to disable read confirmations.
>
> The question: is there a way to access the extended option without
> the NOVELL bindary? Is there a way to fake it?

Nope not possible.  You could setup a program that parsed
all of the outgoing messages and then deleting the read confirmation
beforing moving the rest into the UUCP outgoing directory.  It's
probably a lot more trouble that it's worth.

> Thanks!
>

> -------
> Dieter Orlowski
> Caixa Postal 3215, Maputo / Mozambique
> Tel. office: +258 1 493680  Fax: +258 1 494339
> Tel. home: +258 1 497689

Thomas R. Stephenson, CPL           Phone: (408) 263-2836
2030 Lockwood Drive, San Josť CA 95132
Work: [log in to unmask]
Home: [log in to unmask]
Member of Pegasus Mail Support Team
Thought for the day:
     Boy that lightning is coming a little too close-***$*%***NO CARRIER