At times, I have to fight with non-standard correspondends. I have
one, a big German development organization, whose mail system
apparently refuses to process MIME attachments where they consist of
alternating BASE64-encoded attachments and text sections giving the
explanation about the attachment that follows.

I have two work-arounds:

a) Send the attachments as separate files, rather than all
   attachments in a single file.

b) Create an internet gateway which does nothing but store the
   message in a temporary directory, then edit the file which PM-DOS
   puts there, eliminating the 'explanation about the message' parts
   in between the base64 encoded attachments, and then pass the
   manipulated file to UUPC's rmail.

My question: Is there a more elegant way to suppress the 'explanation
about the message' section that normally automatically preceeds the
encoded and then attached file?

I am aware that the problem is not with Pegasus Mail, but with that
German programme, made by a well-known German company, which thinks
that it is big enough to influence standards, although it isn't, or
arrogant enough to ignore standards! But as we are talking of big
German companies in conjunction with extremely sub-divided German
organizations, I hesitate to initiate a controversy that I am not
likely to win!

Any help or hint would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. In this context, a joke that recently came through Mozambican
eMail: Have you ever run across the virus of a highly developed
administration? It subdivides your system into hundreds of small
units; every one of them does absolutely nothing, but continues to
claim to be an essential part of the system.

I know many systems infected by this virus; unfortunately, I still
haven't found the anti-dote.

-------
Dieter Orlowski
Caixa Postal 3215, Maputo / Mozambique
Tel. office: +258 1 493680  Fax: +258 1 494339
Tel. home: +258 1 497689