First off, I was wondering if the file format for the address book
file is available... I must admit that I haven't spent much time
looking for it, but just out of curiousity it'd be nice to have to
facilitate importing addresses etc. from databases that I've got.

My second question is more of a request for help than anything else.
I've got my computer running Klos' DOSPPP, and Pegasus for DOS for
all my email needs. I recently lent a friend an old modem, and spent
some time setting up her computer with the modem, and a more-or-less
duplicate of my setup so that she can get her email as easily as I
do. She's got a Pentium, and the modem's an old 2400.

In setting things up, I encountered a problem with the PPP dialer...
it'd dial once, and then you can watch the send and receive lights on
the modem dance back and forth, but it doesn't try and redial. I
overcame this by using a batch file and PPPSTATE to handle redialing.
It's not an elegant or efficient solution, but it does work.

Now the problem that's relevant to Pegasus is that she's complained
that her address book has disappeared, and that her signature is
apparently cut off.

I haven't yet had the chance to take a look at things to see what I
can do. The address book could simply be in the wrong directory. The
signature file could be damaged. I'm concerned, however, that it's
more serious than that since I've already had the problem with the
dialer, and it'd be nice to see if anyone's got any ideas as to what
could be going on.

Thanks in advance for any help that you have to offer!

James Clifford                       http://members.tripod.com/~MrBobo

  In poverty and other misfortunes of life, true friends are a sure
  refuge. The young they keep out of mischief; to the old they
  are a comfort and aid in their weakness, and those in the prime
  of life they incite to noble deeds.
                                                          Aristotle