> Hi all
>
> New to this list, so greetings & salutations!
>
> I have a DOS machine that runs pmail for DOS V3.xx (I think 3.1), and
> PMPOP 1.1. I used to be able to send via an SMTP server, but I guess
> somethings changed on their side as it now gives me a "user
> configuration" error whenever I try to send mail.
> I can however POP successfully.
>
> I am using WATTCP and Klos' excellent pppshare, if that helps.
>
> Is there a workaround the problem with ESMTP hosts? Can anyone
> recommend another SMTP host that I could use?

As far as I know there's no workaround yet for the ESMTP stuff.
Don't know if it's possible to use *any* SMTP host around.
If so, try covina.lightside.com. This is the alternate SMTP relay
I had to use (part of my ISP anyway).

BTW, you may want to look into another PPP driver (just because). :)
It uses less memory than Klos or EtherPPP (59K max.).
Dospppd is based on the Unix/Linux pppd.
Available from the site below.  And it's Freeware.

Marc

--
>> ANIME SENSHI <<

Marc D. Williams