For Further Information and Registration:
Laura Stempel Mumford
608-238-3612
Mary Thompson:
Check our website for the complete conference program:
http://www.bgsu.edu/departments/wmst/style/
---- The style conference ; July 25-28, 1997

The style conference will bring together people working in feminist
and cultural studies, post-modernist and queer theory, design, media,
and other fields in a unique inter-disciplinary forum. We hope not
only to move toward defining "style" but also to explore the major
critiques and debates within this evolving field.

Featured Speakers

Meaghan Morris "Style and Cynthia Rock ('You can take the girl out of
                   Scranton...'):Emulation and Identity in Martial
                   Arts Movies.
Noliwe Rooks "Hair Dramas: Bodies,style, and African American
                          Identity"
Robyn Wiegman "Miss America Hair"

Keynotes

Valerie Steele "Fetish: Fashion, Sex, and Power"  7/25
Nich Cave  performance with sound Suits            7/26

Also Appearing
Corey Creekmur "Boots, Buckskin, Buttons, and Bows:
                             Cowboy Drag in American Popular Culture"
Joanna Frueh       "Dressing Aphrodite"
HUEs Collective, " The Adios/Barbie Fashioon Show"
Emily Jenkins,     "Body Conscious" Dennis
Haggerty  "Biker Style" photography exhibit photography exhibit.