Re Film Myth and history discussion

For a powerful argument for reading Hollywood as "custodian of our cultural
unconscious" which uses Slotkin's tract as a starting point you should read
James William Gibson's essay 'American Paramilitary Culture and the
Reconstitution of the Vietnam War' printed in Vietnam Images: War and
Representation edited by Jeffrey Walsh and James Aulich and published by
Macmillan Press. That is of course if you can get hold of a copy in
America, the men in suits read it and gave Jim Aulich a hard time when he
tried to enter the states !

Do students really hate Westerns ? I can't get enough.

Julian Wynne