Hello,

I'm a Dutch PhD-student who is writing a dissertation about the Flemish poet
Paul van Ostaijen (1896-1928). Van Ostaijen was very interested in the new
medium of film. In 1921, he wrote a poem called 'Asta Nielsen'. He was, of
course, not the only poet who was fascinated by Asta. Guillaume Apollinaire,
for instance,  admired her. I have two questions:

1. does anybody know where and when Apollinaire wrote something about Asta
Nielsen?
2. do you know other poets who wrote a poem or an essay about her?

Thank you for your help!

Thomas

Thomas Vaessens
O.G.C. / Vakgroep Nederlands Universiteit Utrecht
Trans 10
3512 JK  Utrecht
tel. 030-2536023 (werk) & 030-2932330 (prive)
fax. 030-2536000