>s it my paranoia or has there been an increase in scenes (on television)
>where cigars are prominent props?  Including at least on scene where a
>woman joins in the festivities?

I suspect we will be increasingly subjected to cigar smoking in film---it is
currently the latest (American) trend and it is picking up speed quickly.
  One aspect of this is that cigar smoking for women is becoming very
fashionable (you've come a long way, baby).

Everyone grab some fresh air and try to hold it!
Mike