Simone,

As one of the females who often lurks, I think I did respond once to the
list but my message didn't reach the list. Other than that I chose not to
respond because the terms of the debate were not really conducive to a
sensible discussion about race and racism in Disney or the Lion King. So
I didn't want to waste my energy and have my name misspelled. Though I
suppose I could have entered the discussion at the level it was at,
people often think I am a man. Enough de-lurking for today...

cheers,

Shashwati