[log in to unmask] writes

> I've got a question concerning PMail 2.23.

You must mean DOS PMail 3.31, unless your version is _very_ old.
"2.23" is the version number of a recent version of WinPMail.

> I would like to disable following menu items:
>
> Edit a text file
> Preferences / Netware MHS/SMF settings
> Preferences / Change home mailbox location.
>
> The users shouldn't be able to select these menu items. It would also be ok
> if the items would not appear or would simply do nothing (as "Noticeboards"
> does when NB is not defined).
>
> The reason is simple: I am fed up with users who so not know anything about
> computer or even DOS and keep changing their settings to that they leave a
> configuration that won't work.

Unfortunately, these menu items cannot be disabled.  As I see it, your
only choice is going to be to educate the users.

Andrew.

Andrew Morrow   home:[log in to unmask]  office:[log in to unmask]
                Member of the Pegasus Mail Support Group