To Tony Williams and other members of the group--

I was afraid my comment on the conversational tone change of our group
would be perceived as some sort of slight towards our esteemed on-line
editor.  As I said previously, I don't envy him the job that he does, and
feel he is needed.  I simply wondered aloud how we could keep this group
from being a research service for undergrads (and some grads) who sign on
to get a couple of facts and then unsubscribe when their term paper is
done.