Hi Folks,

Just a note to let you know that September 7 will be the release date
of the new Fetching Pictures (http://www.fetching.com/) video:
"Fairgrounds," a 90-minute b&w film by San Franciscan David Wells.

We are currently working on the web page for the film (will be up in
about 2 weeks). In the meantime, here's a bit about the picture, the
filmmaker, and Fetching Pictures:

David Wells graduated from the Michigan Film School and moved to
California and started writing plays. "Fairgrounds" (the play on which
the film was based) had productions in San Diego and Los Angeles and
won a Lawrence and Lee Playwriting award in San Fran. David's writing
has also won gold medals at the Houston Worldfest and the Charlotte
Worldfest. The play will be published this September.

The filmmaker  has said of his first feature "If Beckett and Jarmusch
went to the carnival and ate a bad corndog, you'd have Fairgrounds."

The film is funny, intelligent, wonderfully shot, and features
excellent actors delivering the wonderful dialog that Wells is quickly
becoming known for.

The Fetching Pictures Credo: "No tape under 90 minutes; No tape over
25 bux." This price is the same for video stores and home buyers
alike. (Institutions please inquire about pricing.)

"Fairgrounds" marks FP's second release, and our first feature and
first release by an American. Our first tape, a compilation of shorts
by award-winning filmmaker Ann Marie Fleming
(http://www.fetching.com/amf/), is still available (106 minutes--25
bux) to home buyers and video stores. The compilation ("Pictures Don't
Tell You Anything") received a 4-star review from Toronto's NOW
Magazine, who called it "A Canadian filmmaking gem."

For more info about Fetching Pictures, including how to purchase one
of our releases, send email to [log in to unmask] For the scoop on how
to submit your films/videos to us for distribution, send an empty
email letter to [log in to unmask] for an auto-reply.

Thanks!

L.
Lincoln Stewart
Fetching Pictures