David L Ezell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>From my point of view, that seems to prove we are being constantly
>desensitized by what we see.  I sincerely hope I never find the sort of
>unnecessary violence I see in todays cinema as either "cute" or benign.

I might have been unclear on this issue. I did not mean that the Screen-L'e=
rs of=20
tomorrow would find the films cute, but that they would find our reactions =
and=20
concern with them such. And, I might add, "unnecessary" has always been a=20
buzzword when it comes to critique of violent films, from Griffith and on.

Ulf