On Thu, 23 May 1996 11:49:27 -0400, Evan Cameron <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>A colleague wishes to contact Michael Roemer, director of the remarkable
>NOTHING BUT A MAN (1963-64).  Does anyone have a address for him, or know
>how he otherwise may be reached?

well, this is a long shot but New Yorker video in, um, new york just
released his film The Plot Against Harry.

not that this nec. means that they've been in contact with him but...
the last time i tried to order videos from NYV for Art and Trash Video
in toronto i was told something along these lines:

"we can't sell to you."
"why?"
"louis malle gave us shit for selling videos to canadians."
"why?"
"we don't have canadian rights."
"who does?"
"no one. apparently canadians don't watch videos so no one is
interested in buying the rights"

ok, so i made the last two lines up--but only the last two. my point?
they were in direct contact with malle when releasing his films, maybe
the same with roemer. it's worth a shot.

hell, i said it was a long shot.

L.