I have sent out this request before, but I had no answers.  So at the risk
of being redundant, I am hoping someone who has not seen this before can
help me.

I am currently writing about Woody Allen.  I read in Graham McCann's book
"Woody Allen: New Yorker" the following quote:

"he has confessed elsewhere that his early movies relied to some extent on
the depiction of women as objects of lust, because 'that's the easiest way
get laughs.'"

Would anyone happen to know where McCann got this quote because he does
not
cite his source?  Thanks.

                                                           D.W. Blackwell