What you're attempting to do is great! Too many theater departments
short-change students by ignoring film production. There are only so many
theater jobs to be had. Eventually, in order to make a living, the theater
student has to deal with electronic or film production. Actors, directors and
technicians need to learn the theories and skills necessary to the dramatic
media. May I recommend some texts that might be of use:
FILM DIRECTING SHOT BY SHOT, by Steven D. Katz
THE CAMERA SMART ACTOR, by yours truly, Richard Brestoff

Yours would be one of the few theater programs incorporating film training
and would position your college for an increase in full time enrollments.

Good luck and feel free to contact me at any time.
Richard Brestoff, Seattle, Washington.