I am doing some research into the politics of race in two British
films of the 1950's: Simba(1955) and Sapphire(1959). I am looking for
background material on both these films - reviews, articles etc. and
would be grateful for any information that would be of any use.

I am also interested in the historical context within which these
films were produced and again any information or pointers as to were
to look would be gratefully recieved.

Nick Elliott