I have to come to Mike's defense regarding spelling and syntax here. I doubt
whether he would have made the comment had the content been reasonable.
Carping about spelling in an otherwise rational post is pedantic. However, in
a post as questionable as the one to which he responded, careless spelling
can be a sign of something wrong in the reasoning of the matter and one
needn't be a "fascist pedant" to note it.

I wonder, by the way, whether fascism in pedantry or being permissive in such
matters are the only two possible choices. I do not see the correcting of
error to be necessarily a fascist activity.

Gene Stavis, School of Visual Arts -- NYC