Keep your eye out for "When Saturday Comes" a forthcoming British
feature starring Sean Bean as a Yorkshire collier intent on
achieving glory as a member of Sheffield United's first team.
I can't really think of (m)any other features specifically
depicting soccer heroes - i dimly recall a 60's picture about a
group of schoolgirls attempting to get tickets for an important
cup match and eventually breaking into the stadium (White Hart Lane?)

Also a recent TVM (of sorts) on the BBC about two young brothers
failing to see George Best playing for Man Utd at Anfield
(vs. Liverpool) - again the title escapes me.

Don't know if this is of any use, or if "When Saturday Comes" will
even get a full theatrical release, but i hope so.

Matthew Thomas