I apologize for being the nitpicker/clarifier, but I feel compelled to
clear up/correct a few ambiguities:

>From:    Chris Carlsson <[log in to unmask]>
 [aka Caitlin Manning]

>How about the early Wayne Wang films?
>His first feature "Chan is Missing"
[snip]
>There's also a Wang film called "The Great Wall"

"A Great Wall" is made PETER Wang (no relation to Wayne Wang) and Shirley Sun.

>For a more experimental approach theres Trin T.
>Minh-Ha's film (the title is something like "Surname
>Viet, Given name Nam", but that's not it exactly).

At the end of TRINH T. Minh-ha's film, there is a conversation between two
Asian American women living in Berkeley, but the vast majority of the film
is concerned with women's experiences in Vietnam, not the U.S.

>For more info on this subject contact NAATA
>(the National Asian American something Association)
>located at 346 Ninth St. in San Francisco.

(the T is for Telecommunications)

Peter Feng