I am looking for original films or adaptations which include a main or
secondary character with mental disability.  Especially a character through
whose perspective the narrative is filtered/represented, something like
Benjy Compson's character in The Sound and the Fury.  Even peripheral
characters as in Do the Right Thing or City of Hope may be helpful.  Of Mice
and Men, Forrest Gump, and Gilbert Grape all come to mind, but if someone
could point me to a film in which the p.o.v. is from the character with the
disability.

Interested in how the characters and their p.o.v. are represented

Thanks in advance,

Scott Furtwengler
SIUC
Scott R. Furtwengler