Hello:
I just learned of Screen-L and hope to connect with other researchers to
share ideas.  I am about four years into a history fo American
entertainment audiences, 1750 to 1990.  It includes drama theater,
minstrelsy, vaudeville, movies, radio and television.  It is a
comparative and developmental study of audience practices, focused on
their behavior in the theater or at home, rather than on their "reading"
of the entertainment, although that isnot excluded.
I'm interest to hear from others on the list who may have similar or
related interests.
sincerely,
Richard Butsch