As a film "essay," Orson Welles' F FOR FAKE offers a number of interesting
observations on film "reality."

NOTE: SPOILERS FOLLOW

At the beginning, Welles comments "Everything that you will see for the next
hour and a half is true."  He then goes on to document, in a very entertaining
way, his interesting career and concludes with an anecdote about Pablo Picasso.
At the very end, he remarks, "You remember that I promised that everything you
would see for the next hour and a half would be true?  I made that promise--
an hour and forty-five minutes ago!"

Don Larsson, Mankato State U (MN)