Marilyn H Huether  writes," I would appreciate any titles of films you know
(Hollywood or other cinemas or independent films) whose narratives or
projects involve cosmetic surgery. I am particularly interested in women and
cosmetic surgery as represented on film, but obviously males undergoing it or
choosing it would be interesting as well. Most particularly, I am looking for
films about peoples other than white europeans or Americans shown undergoing
such surgery."

There is a film made in the '70s that stars Elisabeth Taylor, I cannot
remember the name of the film, but the story line is that Liz goes to a
plastic surgery clinic in Switzerland.  I think that there is even a group
therapy scene about having plastic surgery.  I remember that they showed some
surgical procedures that seemed shocking at the time. I searched an America
on-line film database that claims over 90,000 film listings but I couldn't
find this film, in fact they only list about seven films for Taylor. I guess
I'll have to look it up in an actual book.
Does anyone know the name of this film?
Also, there is SUTURE, an independent film from last year, where a character
is blown up in a car and has amnesia. He then has plastic surgery to restore
his face to look like a different character, who is his long lost brother.
One brother deliberately wants to change identities and the other mistakes
his own identity because of amnesia. Except of course, to the viewer these
two men look nothing alike; one is a thin white man (Michael Harris) and the
other is a large black man -- a very interesting film. (It is the black man
who undergoes plastic surgery.)

Roderick Donahue